BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

"**** ruined BBO!"

SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,083 Underlord 2016
First things first, i don't play BBO THAT often but no one seems to have said this yet so in some sort of hope i'll mention it,
Stop complaining about BBO's balance and say what it is you feel like should be balanced
I hear a lot of players complain that skyvu listens to only UB when it came to balancing, now i can't blame them for this since he's the only one to go in depth and specifically talk about BBO balancing and most of the time when i ask one of the bad things he did i get responses of either 1 bad thing or actually something positive.
So please BBO players if you have a complaint about BBO feel free to make a discussion speaking up about it instead of complaining at everyone that you don't like something. Give an idea for balancing and what skyvu can do to make the game better.
Nerf SP SR
SSS

Comments

  • MaRvelousJuiceMaRvelousJuice Member Posts: 3,403 Noble
  • Ultimate_BearUltimate_Bear Member Posts: 992 Underlord 2016
    edited December 2016
    Some of the unique weapons are trash. Fix social butterfly, and also buff mechanical bullet.
    ybqrvwtdjq49.png
    18cek3ohgw0m.gif

  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,083 Underlord 2016
    I feel like jumping shouldo get a bit of a longer cool down because it's so spammy.

    The fact that it HAS cooldown is annoying let alone making it worse :/
    SSS
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,452 Fabled
    dead game
    e
  • MavockinMavockin Member Posts: 806 Corporal
    Lol they still play BBO
    44WqQzi.jpg
  • Wilpower784Wilpower784 Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,254 Fabled
    Mavockin wrote: »
    Lol they still play BBO

    Lol they still play a game they personally enjoy while you quit playing the game due to others not playing as much anymore therefor you left aswell and now decide to mock or criticize others who still do (:


    Destroyed.



    But don't forget that in the case for most other developers, balance isn't entirely dependent on community input
    x_busting_by_ultimatemaverickx-d80l1pf.gif
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,445 Noble
    Dujuran wrote: »
    I feel like jumping shouldo get a bit of a longer cool down because it's so spammy.

    The fact that it HAS cooldown is annoying let alone making it worse :/

    And so here I am, logging into this forum since you insist on having us voice our opinions. Reducing the cooldown of jump is NOT a particularly viable balancing option unless you are willing to rebalance a SIGNIFICANT amount of gameplay mechanics and weapons. For example, you implied in the OP that the SP Sniper is in need of a nerf. To be completely honest with you, despite the typical opinion amongst snipers, i actualy agree with you. As it is, the SP Sniper, although it has a high skill cap, is pretty horrifying to face in the right hands and can completely dominate gameplay when used well. The main defense against weapons like it is to outmaneuver the user, typically using tricky movement patterns in order to survive long enough to kill them (a still target tends to die pretty quickly as we all know). Reducing the spamminess of the jump button would effectively nerf the greatest defense against snipers quite severely, to the point where snipers would go from situationally if not objectively overwhelming to completely broken. Snipers are not the only weapons that would be effected in such a way, explosives, shotguns, and katanas would also become fairly overpowered. If you were to nerf the jump button, you would have to rebalance all of these weapons and probably more. The jump button has left its mark on Overclock, and unless you wish to rebalance pretty much the entire game, it in its current form, is here to stay.


    Why must you insist that UB is the only person to voice his opinions on balancing, when he CLEARLY is not? Back when more people like us actually played this game, people did voice their opinions with some frequency. I even personally made an entire thread regarding how and why i consider smg's and Wil to be in need of serious nerfs. I even put in time and effort into calculations and then discussed as a sidenote how i felt gamemodes could effect the state of the game.

    When you say that UB is the only player to go in depth and specifically talk about balancing, did you just not see the things that I and others have said? I have clearly voiced my opinions regarding many of the weapons and characters on this forum and so have others. Did you not see them? If you did or didn't, think of what it means when you say that UB was the only one to do this. What does this say of my efforts and those of others? That they are meaningless, poorly done, vague, and disregarded? I promise you that some of us have stated how we feel regarding weapon balance whether you noticed it or not. The reason people objected so strongly to UB's balancing changes is because they actually did not appear well thought out. He literally just said a bunch of opinions regarding his experiences. He did not use statistical analysis, concrete evidence, or even stories of gameplay that would prove a point regarding the weapon. His balancing suggestions were not well supported and generally did not appear well thought out. And surprise surprise, they pissed a lot of people off and i will gladly tell you quite a few them do not make any sense and i will gladly explain to you why if you would like me too.

    And after all of this, I will just tell you that balancing did not kill Overclock. Yes, the game has serious balancing issues. However, they honestly didn't appear in gameplay that often. Many op weapons are difficult to use (mainly snipers), and the plethora of broken armor and augment setups often take a while to obtain (and most of the broken augments are quite rare). I've never been the best sniper around, but i could hold my own against most snipers throughout the game under equipped. I have only ever used power level 4 and +7.5 regen armor, which pales in comparison as a setup to many others that dedicated players use. The reason i say so confidently that you can usually get by against broken setups is because i had actually done it for quite some time. Furthermore, returning to my earlier point the broken setups are generally not very common in most gameplay. Although an issue, balancing in this game is much less of an immediate problem than in many other games including BBG.

    While fixing balance would be nice, and i do have many thoughts on the subject, it is more important to release content and attempt to revive gameplay. The game is dead, we all know that. There is not much point in rebalancing a game that very few people play, balancing can come later. Our highest priority is simply making the game appealing again. I actually really like Overclock, i think its fun despite what some people may say. The game has a ton of potential that i'd like to see it fulfill. Yet even I have stopped playing this game. The minute this game can appeal to its old playerbase once again, it will have more room for growth (as it would have an established playerbase to work with once again) and we can attempt to stimulate said growth from there. Balancing did not cause Overclock to fail, and it is not of immediate importance. Balance comes later, growth is where we should focus our attention.

    I have discussed balancing with @CantTouchThis extensively in the past in the hopes that we would post our thoughts on every weapon and character (along with thoughts on mechanics and general gameplay) in one thread. Unfortunately this discussion never saw any light on the forums. If you would like, i can attempt to organize this discussion for you on a thread or pm somewhere. Even just pictures of this discussion would contain far more in depth content regarding balancing than what we are all used to seeing on this forum. Although i have made my opinions clear, and i have specifically discussed certain weapons, I have failed to actually make all of CTT's and I discussion clear even though i have had the whole conversation saved in my inbox. And for that, i apologize. I also realize this comment probably comes off as harsh, but please recognize that a lot of the criticism in the post isn't targeting you but is built up frustration that happens to be concentrated in a message to you (and for that i also apologize). While i disagree with concentrating on balance at the moment, there is no harm in discussing it and i am willing too if you would like.

    TL:DR: We need to work together in reviving the playerbase before we can afford to promote balancing updates.
    OKY was here
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,083 Underlord 2016
    Dujuran wrote: »
    I feel like jumping shouldo get a bit of a longer cool down because it's so spammy.

    The fact that it HAS cooldown is annoying let alone making it worse :/

    And so here I am, logging into this forum since you insist on having us voice our opinions. Reducing the cooldown of jump is NOT a particularly viable balancing option unless you are willing to rebalance a SIGNIFICANT amount of gameplay mechanics and weapons. For example, you implied in the OP that the SP Sniper is in need of a nerf. To be completely honest with you, despite the typical opinion amongst snipers, i actualy agree with you. As it is, the SP Sniper, although it has a high skill cap, is pretty horrifying to face in the right hands and can completely dominate gameplay when used well. The main defense against weapons like it is to outmaneuver the user, typically using tricky movement patterns in order to survive long enough to kill them (a still target tends to die pretty quickly as we all know). Reducing the spamminess of the jump button would effectively nerf the greatest defense against snipers quite severely, to the point where snipers would go from situationally if not objectively overwhelming to completely broken. Snipers are not the only weapons that would be effected in such a way, explosives, shotguns, and katanas would also become fairly overpowered. If you were to nerf the jump button, you would have to rebalance all of these weapons and probably more. The jump button has left its mark on Overclock, and unless you wish to rebalance pretty much the entire game, it in its current form, is here to stay.


    Why must you insist that UB is the only person to voice his opinions on balancing, when he CLEARLY is not? Back when more people like us actually played this game, people did voice their opinions with some frequency. I even personally made an entire thread regarding how and why i consider smg's and Wil to be in need of serious nerfs. I even put in time and effort into calculations and then discussed as a sidenote how i felt gamemodes could effect the state of the game.

    When you say that UB is the only player to go in depth and specifically talk about balancing, did you just not see the things that I and others have said? I have clearly voiced my opinions regarding many of the weapons and characters on this forum and so have others. Did you not see them? If you did or didn't, think of what it means when you say that UB was the only one to do this. What does this say of my efforts and those of others? That they are meaningless, poorly done, vague, and disregarded? I promise you that some of us have stated how we feel regarding weapon balance whether you noticed it or not. The reason people objected so strongly to UB's balancing changes is because they actually did not appear well thought out. He literally just said a bunch of opinions regarding his experiences. He did not use statistical analysis, concrete evidence, or even stories of gameplay that would prove a point regarding the weapon. His balancing suggestions were not well supported and generally did not appear well thought out. And surprise surprise, they pissed a lot of people off and i will gladly tell you quite a few them do not make any sense and i will gladly explain to you why if you would like me too.

    And after all of this, I will just tell you that balancing did not kill Overclock. Yes, the game has serious balancing issues. However, they honestly didn't appear in gameplay that often. Many op weapons are difficult to use (mainly snipers), and the plethora of broken armor and augment setups often take a while to obtain (and most of the broken augments are quite rare). I've never been the best sniper around, but i could hold my own against most snipers throughout the game under equipped. I have only ever used power level 4 and +7.5 regen armor, which pales in comparison as a setup to many others that dedicated players use. The reason i say so confidently that you can usually get by against broken setups is because i had actually done it for quite some time. Furthermore, returning to my earlier point the broken setups are generally not very common in most gameplay. Although an issue, balancing in this game is much less of an immediate problem than in many other games including BBG.

    While fixing balance would be nice, and i do have many thoughts on the subject, it is more important to release content and attempt to revive gameplay. The game is dead, we all know that. There is not much point in rebalancing a game that very few people play, balancing can come later. Our highest priority is simply making the game appealing again. I actually really like Overclock, i think its fun despite what some people may say. The game has a ton of potential that i'd like to see it fulfill. Yet even I have stopped playing this game. The minute this game can appeal to its old playerbase once again, it will have more room for growth (as it would have an established playerbase to work with once again) and we can attempt to stimulate said growth from there. Balancing did not cause Overclock to fail, and it is not of immediate importance. Balance comes later, growth is where we should focus our attention.

    I have discussed balancing with @CantTouchThis extensively in the past in the hopes that we would post our thoughts on every weapon and character (along with thoughts on mechanics and general gameplay) in one thread. Unfortunately this discussion never saw any light on the forums. If you would like, i can attempt to organize this discussion for you on a thread or pm somewhere. Even just pictures of this discussion would contain far more in depth content regarding balancing than what we are all used to seeing on this forum. Although i have made my opinions clear, and i have specifically discussed certain weapons, I have failed to actually make all of CTT's and I discussion clear even though i have had the whole conversation saved in my inbox. And for that, i apologize. I also realize this comment probably comes off as harsh, but please recognize that a lot of the criticism in the post isn't targeting you but is built up frustration that happens to be concentrated in a message to you (and for that i also apologize). While i disagree with concentrating on balance at the moment, there is no harm in discussing it and i am willing too if you would like.

    TL:DR: We need to work together in reviving the playerbase before we can afford to promote balancing updates.

    This exact thing is the reason i had to be super specific about what i said UB did and why i ever thought it would work i don't know.

    1. In what way is me telling people to voice their opinions a bad thing?
    2. SP SR is not a high skill cap weapon, you need gems or gold and about 3 days-1 week of practice and boom your a bbo loser "pro", it's exactly like aow no matter how much i am told it takes skill to use it never felt like it and you can see it in my oldest commentary video i made "aow takes skill".
    3. "Insist", i mentioned i am not a big bbo player, and i tried to word it in such a way that no one would say that they also did that when they didn't, guess what "i" never saw you make a discussion talking specifically about balancing and as many problems you found within bbo, i do not remember everything when it comes to bbo and finally random comments do not count since they speak nothing and arguments are ignored since skyvu will see them as irrelevant to the actual balance of their games.
    4. I never once said balancing killed it, a lack of content and communication did.
    5. If you've talked about it to someone in private how does that help anyone?
    SSS
  • MavockinMavockin Member Posts: 806 Corporal
    Mavockin wrote: »
    Lol they still play BBO

    Lol they still play a game they personally enjoy while you quit playing the game due to others not playing as much anymore therefor you left aswell and now decide to mock or criticize others who still do (:

    Lol idgaf
    44WqQzi.jpg
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,445 Noble
    Dujuran wrote: »
    Dujuran wrote: »
    I feel like jumping shouldo get a bit of a longer cool down because it's so spammy.

    The fact that it HAS cooldown is annoying let alone making it worse :/

    And so here I am, logging into this forum since you insist on having us voice our opinions. Reducing the cooldown of jump is NOT a particularly viable balancing option unless you are willing to rebalance a SIGNIFICANT amount of gameplay mechanics and weapons. For example, you implied in the OP that the SP Sniper is in need of a nerf. To be completely honest with you, despite the typical opinion amongst snipers, i actualy agree with you. As it is, the SP Sniper, although it has a high skill cap, is pretty horrifying to face in the right hands and can completely dominate gameplay when used well. The main defense against weapons like it is to outmaneuver the user, typically using tricky movement patterns in order to survive long enough to kill them (a still target tends to die pretty quickly as we all know). Reducing the spamminess of the jump button would effectively nerf the greatest defense against snipers quite severely, to the point where snipers would go from situationally if not objectively overwhelming to completely broken. Snipers are not the only weapons that would be effected in such a way, explosives, shotguns, and katanas would also become fairly overpowered. If you were to nerf the jump button, you would have to rebalance all of these weapons and probably more. The jump button has left its mark on Overclock, and unless you wish to rebalance pretty much the entire game, it in its current form, is here to stay.


    Why must you insist that UB is the only person to voice his opinions on balancing, when he CLEARLY is not? Back when more people like us actually played this game, people did voice their opinions with some frequency. I even personally made an entire thread regarding how and why i consider smg's and Wil to be in need of serious nerfs. I even put in time and effort into calculations and then discussed as a sidenote how i felt gamemodes could effect the state of the game.

    When you say that UB is the only player to go in depth and specifically talk about balancing, did you just not see the things that I and others have said? I have clearly voiced my opinions regarding many of the weapons and characters on this forum and so have others. Did you not see them? If you did or didn't, think of what it means when you say that UB was the only one to do this. What does this say of my efforts and those of others? That they are meaningless, poorly done, vague, and disregarded? I promise you that some of us have stated how we feel regarding weapon balance whether you noticed it or not. The reason people objected so strongly to UB's balancing changes is because they actually did not appear well thought out. He literally just said a bunch of opinions regarding his experiences. He did not use statistical analysis, concrete evidence, or even stories of gameplay that would prove a point regarding the weapon. His balancing suggestions were not well supported and generally did not appear well thought out. And surprise surprise, they pissed a lot of people off and i will gladly tell you quite a few them do not make any sense and i will gladly explain to you why if you would like me too.

    And after all of this, I will just tell you that balancing did not kill Overclock. Yes, the game has serious balancing issues. However, they honestly didn't appear in gameplay that often. Many op weapons are difficult to use (mainly snipers), and the plethora of broken armor and augment setups often take a while to obtain (and most of the broken augments are quite rare). I've never been the best sniper around, but i could hold my own against most snipers throughout the game under equipped. I have only ever used power level 4 and +7.5 regen armor, which pales in comparison as a setup to many others that dedicated players use. The reason i say so confidently that you can usually get by against broken setups is because i had actually done it for quite some time. Furthermore, returning to my earlier point the broken setups are generally not very common in most gameplay. Although an issue, balancing in this game is much less of an immediate problem than in many other games including BBG.

    While fixing balance would be nice, and i do have many thoughts on the subject, it is more important to release content and attempt to revive gameplay. The game is dead, we all know that. There is not much point in rebalancing a game that very few people play, balancing can come later. Our highest priority is simply making the game appealing again. I actually really like Overclock, i think its fun despite what some people may say. The game has a ton of potential that i'd like to see it fulfill. Yet even I have stopped playing this game. The minute this game can appeal to its old playerbase once again, it will have more room for growth (as it would have an established playerbase to work with once again) and we can attempt to stimulate said growth from there. Balancing did not cause Overclock to fail, and it is not of immediate importance. Balance comes later, growth is where we should focus our attention.

    I have discussed balancing with @CantTouchThis extensively in the past in the hopes that we would post our thoughts on every weapon and character (along with thoughts on mechanics and general gameplay) in one thread. Unfortunately this discussion never saw any light on the forums. If you would like, i can attempt to organize this discussion for you on a thread or pm somewhere. Even just pictures of this discussion would contain far more in depth content regarding balancing than what we are all used to seeing on this forum. Although i have made my opinions clear, and i have specifically discussed certain weapons, I have failed to actually make all of CTT's and I discussion clear even though i have had the whole conversation saved in my inbox. And for that, i apologize. I also realize this comment probably comes off as harsh, but please recognize that a lot of the criticism in the post isn't targeting you but is built up frustration that happens to be concentrated in a message to you (and for that i also apologize). While i disagree with concentrating on balance at the moment, there is no harm in discussing it and i am willing too if you would like.

    TL:DR: We need to work together in reviving the playerbase before we can afford to promote balancing updates.

    This exact thing is the reason i had to be super specific about what i said UB did and why i ever thought it would work i don't know.

    1. In what way is me telling people to voice their opinions a bad thing?
    2. SP SR is not a high skill cap weapon, you need gems or gold and about 3 days-1 week of practice and boom your a bbo loser "pro", it's exactly like aow no matter how much i am told it takes skill to use it never felt like it and you can see it in my oldest commentary video i made "aow takes skill".
    3. "Insist", i mentioned i am not a big bbo player, and i tried to word it in such a way that no one would say that they also did that when they didn't, guess what "i" never saw you make a discussion talking specifically about balancing and as many problems you found within bbo, i do not remember everything when it comes to bbo and finally random comments do not count since they speak nothing and arguments are ignored since skyvu will see them as irrelevant to the actual balance of their games.
    4. I never once said balancing killed it, a lack of content and communication did.
    5. If you've talked about it to someone in private how does that help anyone?

    1. I never said that telling people to voice their opinion is a bad thing, i'm mostly trying to say that people already have voiced their opinions and it hasn't resulted in anything.
    2. SP SR isn't high skill cap when it comes to beating new players with it but against its best players it does have a high skillcap, and to be brutally honest when it came to sniping you have never been considered amongst their ranks.
    3. That's exactly my point. We have voiced our opinion but you just didn't pay attention and didn't see it. Really makes me wonder why we should bother voicing our opinions if the people who tell us to don't even notice. Going back to my earlier point.
    4. I guess you didn't actually say that but that really is what your title of this thread seems to imply since you vaguely said something about killing BB:0 in the title of a thread about balancing.
    5. Exactly my point, it doesn't. I literally apologized for not sharing the information earlier. What i was trying to say is that I have the whole discussion and can post it at some point, not that it was ever actually useful for anyone.
    OKY was here
  • Goodkush12Goodkush12 Member Posts: 55 Recruit
    Someone pass the popcorn
  • MaRvelousJuiceMaRvelousJuice Member Posts: 3,403 Noble
    Goodkush12 wrote: »
    Someone pass the popcorn
    @Goodkush12 I'll give you more than just popcorn bb (;
    LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
  • MavockinMavockin Member Posts: 806 Corporal
    Goodkush12 wrote: »
    Someone pass the popcorn
    @Goodkush12 I'll give you more than just popcorn bb (;
    Haha lol gay
    44WqQzi.jpg
  • Goodkush12Goodkush12 Member Posts: 55 Recruit
    Goodkush12 wrote: »
    Someone pass the popcorn
    @Goodkush12 I'll give you more than just popcorn bb (;
    Is it purple lean? If so how much u selling it for?

  • Goodkush12Goodkush12 Member Posts: 55 Recruit
    Mavockin wrote: »
    Goodkush12 wrote: »
    Someone pass the popcorn
    @Goodkush12 I'll give you more than just popcorn bb (;
    Haha lol gay
    U wanna buy my mixtape, it's lit
  • MaRvelousJuiceMaRvelousJuice Member Posts: 3,403 Noble
    Mavockin wrote: »
    Goodkush12 wrote: »
    Someone pass the popcorn
    @Goodkush12 I'll give you more than just popcorn bb (;
    Haha lol gay

    Damn right, I'm probably the only gay guy you know that could date 5 girls in 2 months


    (I'm a bad person ik)
    Goodkush12 wrote: »
    Goodkush12 wrote: »
    Someone pass the popcorn
    @Goodkush12 I'll give you more than just popcorn bb (;
    Is it purple lean? If so how much u selling it for?

    3 candy canes Is all
    LDa4ewNzVqhpe.gif
  • BucketsBuckets Member Posts: 4,162 Exalted
    wow this thread has a lot of text I'll spice it up with an imagey5sdv07chppb.jpeg
    -hugs and kisses,

    buckets
  • MavockinMavockin Member Posts: 806 Corporal
    Goodkush12 wrote: »
    Mavockin wrote: »
    Goodkush12 wrote: »
    Someone pass the popcorn
    @Goodkush12 I'll give you more than just popcorn bb (;
    Haha lol gay
    U wanna buy my mixtape, it's lit

    Im not gonna buy im gonna copy and sell it as my own
    44WqQzi.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.