BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

Which sniper is better?

StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
edited May 2017 in BB OVERCLOCK
Last night, when I'm playing BBO, some dude whom level 20 said goo sniper is a pro sniper and I told him sniper is for pro and we argue coz of sniper being better?

Which sniper is better? 10 votes

Standard sniper
0%
Futuristic Sniper
0%
Steampunk Sniper
90%
_Lachy_AbsoluteZeroSSP_RismterminaterChaoTicKraZeMR329AlphaPrimusIgolideStarc 9 votes
Goo Sniper
10%
thecheeselover 1 vote
If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
Starc's kik: .starc

Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein

Comments

  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    Anyone who voted for steampunk sniper the most, I will tell the dude who is level 20, I can't spell his name, his name is in spam. But I will tell him, "IN YOUR FACE, EVERYONE VOTED FOR STEAMPUNK SNIPER! I WAS RIGHT AND U R WRONG!" Sorry for being crazy. Lmao
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,080 Underlord 2016
    Steampunk Sniper
    The most OP weapon in bbo
    SSS
  • IgolideIgolide Member Posts: 222 Recruit
    edited May 2017
    Steampunk Sniper
    Well it's obviously SP SR but if you want a balanced weapon which is fair default is good.
    All sniper rifles have some advantages over others for example if you want to one shot, but your augs aren't quite good enough to do it with SP them you can use Goo.

    Also it's pretty cool how all the colours in the Poll match up to the colour of the Sniper rifle. (Bar goo)
  • thecheeseloverthecheeselover Member Posts: 3,344 Noble
    Goo Sniper
    I love shooting goo at people :wink:
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,449 Fabled
    bepis
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • ChaoTicKraZeChaoTicKraZe Member Posts: 438 Recruit
    Steampunk Sniper
    It's not a question, everyone knows it's the meta
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    It's the question
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    Some people choose goo. And I know why
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    Goo sniper gun can slow other people down and it has better damage than Steampunk sniper. But I chose Steampunk sniper bcoz it has good damage that can fit and kill other people and it won't waste the bullet. For goo, your health might go down to 50 and they're 175 of Damage. And goo sniper gun has only 2 bullets. And it's takes longer to reload than the steampunk sniper. That's why I chose steampunk sniper
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,080 Underlord 2016
    Steampunk Sniper
    Starc wrote: »
    Goo sniper gun can slow other people down and it has better damage than Steampunk sniper. But I chose Steampunk sniper bcoz it has good damage that can fit and kill other people and it won't waste the bullet. For goo, your health might go down to 50 and they're 175 of Damage. And goo sniper gun has only 2 bullets. And it's takes longer to reload than the steampunk sniper. That's why I chose steampunk sniper

    SP SR has higher dps so it does more damage then goo
    SSS
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    Yeah that's what I meant... I guess
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,445 Noble
    Steampunk Sniper
    Dujuran wrote: »
    The most OP weapon in bbo

    That's not how you spell SP Pistol...


    Anyways, the reaility is that all of the sniper rifles are good with the exception of futuristic sniper, and anybody who says otherwise likely doesn't have enough experience with them. I actually think that standard is in some ways better than steampunk sniper. However, there's two things that really make sp shine in comparison.

    The main one is augments. Steampunk really is completely fair without ridiculous augments, which is the way i play it (i use damage level 4 only). However, it does admittedly get insane with proper augments (espeically the hunter aug). Even though it is broken in those configurations, many weapons become broken with the right augs which makes me inclined to believe that augs are broken and not sp sniper rifle. But it is an incredibly good weapon nonetheless.

    The other is that sp sniper has a quicker zoom in rate than the other snipers. This becomes incredibly obvious after heavy use of sp sniper if you switch to the other snipers. They are much slower to zoom in when the button is held, which makes it more difficult to hit targets consistently (because the targets will be smaller on your screen). People will think i'm insane for saying this but i swear it's true. Because of the different zoom rate steampunk sniper allows for a smoother gameplay experience, and i think the other snipers should be adjusted to have the same zoom rate.

    Goo sniper is good with heavy damaging augments, and it can consistently one shot kill astorias with proper augs and i believe it can even one shot all armored riggs with a charge (which sp cannot do, however i may be wrong about this). In my experience goo sniper is very threating with augs, but outclassed without them. If augs ever get nerfed like they should than goo sniper will need some sort of buff but until then it is pretty solid.

    Standard is essentially weaker than sp sniper but with more leeway in other areas (higher magazine and faster reload). It's actually better in my opinion against low health classes like Astoria and Oliver in most cases. However, it doesn't get as much from augs as steampunk does and i think the slower zoom rate kills it for me. It also is worse against high health classes and so for all of those reasons i think i'd much rather use sp.

    Going back to Dujuran's comment, steampunk sniper can seem op sometimes but again it's mostly because of augments and because high health classes are weak in BB0 rn. Snipers excel against Riggs and Tillman because of their large hurtboxes, and neither character has enough health to make up for it. Sp sniper is broken more so because high health characters are underwhelming and because augs are pretty unbalanced. I think the weapon itself is pretty fair.


    Futuristic sniper is pretty terrible and it needs a change in concept. Everyone hates it and as a result it's been nerfed to being nigh unusable outside of very long ranges. I don't have much more I want to say about this weapon right now other than that.
    OKY was here
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    Yeah that's what I thought
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,080 Underlord 2016
    edited May 2017
    Steampunk Sniper
    Dujuran wrote: »
    The most OP weapon in bbo

    That's not how you spell SP Pistol...


    Anyways, the reaility is that all of the sniper rifles are good with the exception of futuristic sniper, and anybody who says otherwise likely doesn't have enough experience with them. I actually think that standard is in some ways better than steampunk sniper. However, there's two things that really make sp shine in comparison.

    The main one is augments. Steampunk really is completely fair without ridiculous augments, which is the way i play it (i use damage level 4 only). However, it does admittedly get insane with proper augments (espeically the hunter aug). Even though it is broken in those configurations, many weapons become broken with the right augs which makes me inclined to believe that augs are broken and not sp sniper rifle. But it is an incredibly good weapon nonetheless.

    Going back to Dujuran's comment, steampunk sniper can seem op sometimes but again it's mostly because of augments and because high health classes are weak in BB0 rn. Snipers excel against Riggs and Tillman because of their large hurtboxes, and neither character has enough health to make up for it. Sp sniper is broken more so because high health characters are underwhelming and because augs are pretty unbalanced. I think the weapon itself is pretty fair.

    2 shots every class but heavy in the game with no crits or damage bonuses
    3 shots a riggs no crits or damage bonuses
    sp pistol just kind of annoying
    ok agrd

    also no the high health classes are fine sp sr is the most statistically broken weapon in the game, and it's hitscan so have fun with latency.

    sp sr:
    160 DPB (+)
    160 DPS (+)
    3 ammo (-)
    480 total damage (+)
    4s reload (-)
    hitscan (+)

    sp pistol:
    50 DPB (-)
    83.3333333 DPS (-)
    4 ammo (+)
    200 total damage(-)
    2.7 reload (+)
    not hitscan (-)

    yes clearly sp pistol is so OP that it can't even kill astoria in 4 hits without crits or augs while sp sr can kill a riggs in 3 no crits or augs.
    statistics don't lie and it's even worse in game, biasty and salt do not make weapons op or up unless it's losing your head.
    SSS
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    Hmmmm, yeah sure
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    edited May 2017
    Steampunk Sniper
    Wait, I thought steampunk sniper can hit Astroia twice to kill her
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    And for Riggs that's 3 times to hit to kill him with steampunk sniper
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,080 Underlord 2016
    Steampunk Sniper
    Starc wrote: »
    And for Riggs that's 3 times to hit to kill him with steampunk sniper

    2 shots is 320 which is exactly tilman's health and another one is 480 which is over riggs'
    SSS
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    Oh yeah
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    Maybe ur right
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    But what about Astroia. Just one shot? Because when I use steampunk sniper I tried to kill someone whom has Astroia and her health is only 220, and the damage is 160 so that is 2 shot, and for Tillman I'm not really sure, coz I tried that and I had to use 3 shots
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,080 Underlord 2016
    Steampunk Sniper
    Starc wrote: »
    But what about Astroia. Just one shot? Because when I use steampunk sniper I tried to kill someone whom has Astroia and her health is only 220, and the damage is 160 so that is 2 shot, and for Tillman I'm not really sure, coz I tried that and I had to use 3 shots

    numbers don't lie, augs and armour may change out comes, if you crit or have damage bonuses equal to the defense numbers wise then it won't change
    as for 1 shotting astoria you'll need to crit her to do it which is random
    SSS
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    @Dujuran Augs never works but armor works
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    Maybe that's why it went like that
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero Member, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 3,445 Noble
    Steampunk Sniper

    Dujuran wrote: »
    Dujuran wrote: »
    The most OP weapon in bbo

    That's not how you spell SP Pistol...


    Anyways, the reaility is that all of the sniper rifles are good with the exception of futuristic sniper, and anybody who says otherwise likely doesn't have enough experience with them. I actually think that standard is in some ways better than steampunk sniper. However, there's two things that really make sp shine in comparison.

    The main one is augments. Steampunk really is completely fair without ridiculous augments, which is the way i play it (i use damage level 4 only). However, it does admittedly get insane with proper augments (espeically the hunter aug). Even though it is broken in those configurations, many weapons become broken with the right augs which makes me inclined to believe that augs are broken and not sp sniper rifle. But it is an incredibly good weapon nonetheless.

    Going back to Dujuran's comment, steampunk sniper can seem op sometimes but again it's mostly because of augments and because high health classes are weak in BB0 rn. Snipers excel against Riggs and Tillman because of their large hurtboxes, and neither character has enough health to make up for it. Sp sniper is broken more so because high health characters are underwhelming and because augs are pretty unbalanced. I think the weapon itself is pretty fair.

    2 shots every class but heavy in the game with no crits or damage bonuses
    3 shots a riggs no crits or damage bonuses
    sp pistol just kind of annoying
    ok agrd

    also no the high health classes are fine sp sr is the most statistically broken weapon in the game, and it's hitscan so have fun with latency.

    sp sr:
    160 DPB (+)
    160 DPS (+)
    3 ammo (-)
    480 total damage (+)
    4s reload (-)
    hitscan (+)

    sp pistol:
    50 DPB (-)
    83.3333333 DPS (-)
    4 ammo (+)
    200 total damage(-)
    2.7 reload (+)
    not hitscan (-)

    yes clearly sp pistol is so OP that it can't even kill astoria in 4 hits without crits or augs while sp sr can kill a riggs in 3 no crits or augs.
    statistics don't lie and it's even worse in game, biasty and salt do not make weapons op or up unless it's losing your head.

    Sp pistol is not op just because of it's damage. Your failing to take into account multiple things about the weapon that make it too strong. The first of which is that it is a pistol. Pistols should not be as good as primaries, and the fact that you are comparing to a powerful primary to prove a point really makes me question if you understand that it is a secondary weapon. The other things you fail to take into account is its range and accuracy. Sp pistol has high range, higher than other pistols and is also very accurate which means it does its damage consistently at most ranges. In fact, it actually competes with and sometimes outperforms many primary weapons at these ranges. It has a huge autoaim snap, so it takes little skill to use effectively. If you look at the pistol in terms of just its damage and if its hitscan, then yes perhaps it is not broken. But cherrypicking stats isn't usually a good way to compare weapons. The other problem with your analysis is once again, you fail to take into account the weapons autoaim. Yes, sp sniper is hitscan, however, since it has no autoaim it is FAR harder to hit with than sp pistol. Sp pistol is not hitscan, but it hardly matters considering its giant autoaim snap and high accuracy. If you even try to tell me that it is easier to hit something with sp sniper than sp pistol i will really begin to question your thought process. Another issue with sp pistol is how concentrated its damage is. One shot alone can take out a little over a fifth of your health as Astoria, so if the opponent has an extremely narrow amount of time to hit you they can do more damage than other weapons that rely on low damage but high fire rates. Going back to its accuracy, it tends to hit more than assault rifles or smg's especially and as such it's damaging capabilities are often higher in practice than they appear on paper. You are one of the only experienced players i have ever met who thinks this weapon isn't op, and maybe you should consider why that is.


    The fact that i even have to say this about sp sniper is boggling my mind. OF COURSE it is the most statistically broken weapon in the game. ALL snipers are broken in this way, standard also has ridiculous damage with 100% accuracy at all ranges and a good reload speed. Goo sniper can two shot almost all characters, and even futuristic has high damage across all ranges. But a MASSIVE issue with this analysis is that you fail to notice that this game is played by humans. We cannot possibly hit every single shot. In fact, even the best snipers miss fairly often against experienced players. Snipers have among the highest skill caps of all weapons in the game, and misses will always be fairly common. As such, they have to be overwhelmingly strong statistically to compensate for the errors made by humans in their usage. If they were comparable to easier to use weapons, they would be fairly worthless in comparison. Why use something that is very difficult to master using, when you can use something just as strong but it easy to use? Snipers have to be statistically broken because of their high skill cap, and sp sniper just happens to be the best one. Do you know what else is statistically disgustingly broken? Ant blaster. It has incredibly high damage, to the point of killing almost instantly and has high ammo with 100% accuracy. It's only weakness is limited range. However, aiming with it is difficult since you need to lead your shots with it. As a result, it is actually one of the less effective weapons in the game because the skill required to use it is unreasonably high. I've seen some players get good with it, but even then there's a long way to go for them to 'master' it. If this game was played by robots, yes, snipers would be insanely broken. But it is played by humans, and so they really aren't as strong as you think.


    I can agree that snipers could be a bit toned down. But we've already has this discussion before, and you didn't seem to agree with my suggestions for toning them down. It seems like what you want is a damage increase, which will make them far less useful. If you nerf the damage of sp sniper, it'll mostly be inferior to standard in a lot of ways. A slight nerf in some regards i would not have an issue with, but lower the damaging capabilities enough and the reward won't be enough for the skill required. And then they will fall out of favor.

    Statistics may not lie, but they aren't everything. Their is a divide between theory and reality that is important to understand. Also, i don't think you should talking of others 'losing their heads' when you are implying others of being biased and salty. Up until now i have only been responding to facts and arguments, not anything about the person making the arguments (except whether or not you are actually taking certain things into account). The fact that you are already starting to accuse people of being salty and biased while making arguments that ignore reality is really making your post quite ironic. There are arguments to be had that snipers are a little broken. I have seen them. I can even get behind them to an extent. But you are not effectively making the proper arguments. I do not really want to personally attack you, but if you are going to imply that i'm salty or biased when i am actually level headed while making these arguments, it's going to compel me to do this. Accusing people of such things is not a mature way to argue and i hope at some point you begin to realize this, because you resort to name calling and accusations almost every time i see you argue and it is really not s good look.
    OKY was here
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,080 Underlord 2016
    Steampunk Sniper
    Dujuran wrote: »
    Dujuran wrote: »
    The most OP weapon in bbo

    That's not how you spell SP Pistol...


    Anyways, the reaility is that all of the sniper rifles are good with the exception of futuristic sniper, and anybody who says otherwise likely doesn't have enough experience with them. I actually think that standard is in some ways better than steampunk sniper. However, there's two things that really make sp shine in comparison.

    The main one is augments. Steampunk really is completely fair without ridiculous augments, which is the way i play it (i use damage level 4 only). However, it does admittedly get insane with proper augments (espeically the hunter aug). Even though it is broken in those configurations, many weapons become broken with the right augs which makes me inclined to believe that augs are broken and not sp sniper rifle. But it is an incredibly good weapon nonetheless.

    Going back to Dujuran's comment, steampunk sniper can seem op sometimes but again it's mostly because of augments and because high health classes are weak in BB0 rn. Snipers excel against Riggs and Tillman because of their large hurtboxes, and neither character has enough health to make up for it. Sp sniper is broken more so because high health characters are underwhelming and because augs are pretty unbalanced. I think the weapon itself is pretty fair.

    2 shots every class but heavy in the game with no crits or damage bonuses
    3 shots a riggs no crits or damage bonuses
    sp pistol just kind of annoying
    ok agrd

    also no the high health classes are fine sp sr is the most statistically broken weapon in the game, and it's hitscan so have fun with latency.

    sp sr:
    160 DPB (+)
    160 DPS (+)
    3 ammo (-)
    480 total damage (+)
    4s reload (-)
    hitscan (+)

    sp pistol:
    50 DPB (-)
    83.3333333 DPS (-)
    4 ammo (+)
    200 total damage(-)
    2.7 reload (+)
    not hitscan (-)

    yes clearly sp pistol is so OP that it can't even kill astoria in 4 hits without crits or augs while sp sr can kill a riggs in 3 no crits or augs.
    statistics don't lie and it's even worse in game, biasty and salt do not make weapons op or up unless it's losing your head.

    Sp pistol is not op just because of it's damage. Your failing to take into account multiple things about the weapon that make it too strong. The first of which is that it is a pistol. Pistols should not be as good as primaries, and the fact that you are comparing to a powerful primary to prove a point really makes me question if you understand that it is a secondary weapon. The other things you fail to take into account is its range and accuracy. Sp pistol has high range, higher than other pistols and is also very accurate which means it does its damage consistently at most ranges. In fact, it actually competes with and sometimes outperforms many primary weapons at these ranges. It has a huge autoaim snap, so it takes little skill to use effectively. If you look at the pistol in terms of just its damage and if its hitscan, then yes perhaps it is not broken. But cherrypicking stats isn't usually a good way to compare weapons. The other problem with your analysis is once again, you fail to take into account the weapons autoaim. Yes, sp sniper is hitscan, however, since it has no autoaim it is FAR harder to hit with than sp pistol. Sp pistol is not hitscan, but it hardly matters considering its giant autoaim snap and high accuracy. If you even try to tell me that it is easier to hit something with sp sniper than sp pistol i will really begin to question your thought process. Another issue with sp pistol is how concentrated its damage is. One shot alone can take out a little over a fifth of your health as Astoria, so if the opponent has an extremely narrow amount of time to hit you they can do more damage than other weapons that rely on low damage but high fire rates. Going back to its accuracy, it tends to hit more than assault rifles or smg's especially and as such it's damaging capabilities are often higher in practice than they appear on paper. You are one of the only experienced players i have ever met who thinks this weapon isn't op, and maybe you should consider why that is.


    The fact that i even have to say this about sp sniper is boggling my mind. OF COURSE it is the most statistically broken weapon in the game. ALL snipers are broken in this way, standard also has ridiculous damage with 100% accuracy at all ranges and a good reload speed. Goo sniper can two shot almost all characters, and even futuristic has high damage across all ranges. But a MASSIVE issue with this analysis is that you fail to notice that this game is played by humans. We cannot possibly hit every single shot. In fact, even the best snipers miss fairly often against experienced players. Snipers have among the highest skill caps of all weapons in the game, and misses will always be fairly common. As such, they have to be overwhelmingly strong statistically to compensate for the errors made by humans in their usage. If they were comparable to easier to use weapons, they would be fairly worthless in comparison. Why use something that is very difficult to master using, when you can use something just as strong but it easy to use? Snipers have to be statistically broken because of their high skill cap, and sp sniper just happens to be the best one. Do you know what else is statistically disgustingly broken? Ant blaster. It has incredibly high damage, to the point of killing almost instantly and has high ammo with 100% accuracy. It's only weakness is limited range. However, aiming with it is difficult since you need to lead your shots with it. As a result, it is actually one of the less effective weapons in the game because the skill required to use it is unreasonably high. I've seen some players get good with it, but even then there's a long way to go for them to 'master' it. If this game was played by robots, yes, snipers would be insanely broken. But it is played by humans, and so they really aren't as strong as you think.


    I can agree that snipers could be a bit toned down. But we've already has this discussion before, and you didn't seem to agree with my suggestions for toning them down. It seems like what you want is a damage increase, which will make them far less useful. If you nerf the damage of sp sniper, it'll mostly be inferior to standard in a lot of ways. A slight nerf in some regards i would not have an issue with, but lower the damaging capabilities enough and the reward won't be enough for the skill required. And then they will fall out of favor.

    Statistics may not lie, but they aren't everything. Their is a divide between theory and reality that is important to understand. Also, i don't think you should talking of others 'losing their heads' when you are implying others of being biased and salty. Up until now i have only been responding to facts and arguments, not anything about the person making the arguments (except whether or not you are actually taking certain things into account). The fact that you are already starting to accuse people of being salty and biased while making arguments that ignore reality is really making your post quite ironic. There are arguments to be had that snipers are a little broken. I have seen them. I can even get behind them to an extent. But you are not effectively making the proper arguments. I do not really want to personally attack you, but if you are going to imply that i'm salty or biased when i am actually level headed while making these arguments, it's going to compel me to do this. Accusing people of such things is not a mature way to argue and i hope at some point you begin to realize this, because you resort to name calling and accusations almost every time i see you argue and it is really not s good look.

    "the most op weapon in the game" is what we're talking about, clearly you didn't get that part because primary and secondary are meaningless in this conversation. yeah it's a pistol and it's worse then the most broken weapon in the game that's what i was saying.
    ok but i didn't just take into account of the damage to why it wasn't as broken.
    sp sr has infinite range, sp sr is 100% accurate (like i said). i wasn't cherrypicking stats as i was literally showing the stats when you look at a bbo weapon+more. sp sr is not hard to aim, 1 week and anyone can be hitting 2/3s of a time and when you only need 2 to kill everyone but 1 class that's pretty broken.

    but the entire point of the post was to prove that it was the most broken weapon in bbo?
    "highest skill caps in bbo" pfft ok whatever you say, real hard to tap on someone once that's real hard, 1 week and you're decent, 1 month and you're a master. ant blaster isn't statistically broken because it has 2 good stats and the rest of the statistics are bad, you may be confused by what "statistic" means.

    i've never said it needed a damage nerf i actually said an ammo nerf to 2 and then decreasing the reload (for balance), so it's super high skill cap (legitimately) but still as rewarding because you still 2 shot everyone. yes this is probably a bad idea that makes bad kids worse without there spammy op sniper but it works with actual good snipers i know someone can give better ideas.

    i said in the post "statistics don't lie and it's even worse in game
    "losing your head" was a reference to my unpopular ban of the actual weapon in bbg, seems kinda ironic considering you talk about accusations.
    salty and biased refers to yourself and other bbo players (and basically every sniper main who consistently use sp sr) talking about 1 weapon that you have bad experiences with even tho futuristic pistol is much better if you know how to move a dpad around and enemy gamer.
    "NERF SP PISTOL IT'S SO OP MOST OP WEAPON SP SR IS MORE BROKEN BUT THAT'S A PRIMARY SO IT DOESN'T COUNT, wait futuristic pistol directly counters it if you can just use cover or just dodging? YEAH RIGHT NOW LET ME GET BACK TO MY GOO SNIPER BECAUSE SP SR IS MAINSTREAM"
    *please note this paragraph was a joke and not actually trying to offend you, if it did then you probably look like this and you should rethink your time spent complaining about weapons on bbo.
    SSS
  • StarcStarc Member Posts: 1,069 Sergeant
    Steampunk Sniper
    Wow this is really interesting
    If you want to join BearRaiders. PM @Starc
    Starc's kik: .starc

    Before joining BR clan, please read the guidelines:
    http://battlebears.vanillaforums.com/discussion/46442/br-bear-raiders-bbo-and-bbg-recruiting/p1

    "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects." -Albert Einstein
Sign In or Register to comment.