BATTLE BEARS ZOMBIES iOS 11 update with new AR mode is available now https://goo.gl/YokFcP
Join the OFFICIAL Battle Bears Discord server hosted by SkyVuBen: https://discord.gg/bb
Battle Bears Gold: http://sky.vu/gold -:- Battle Bears Overclock: http://sky.vu/overclock

What was your Favorite Pokemon Game?

AdixionAdixion Member Posts: 359 Recruit
edited August 2016 in Other
Note: Pokemon Snap is not on here because, come on, who likes taking pictures of Pokemon? Go play Pokemon Go and take pictures of Pokemon you find.

atwxr3wnp9g1.jpeg

What was your Favorite Pokemon Game? 25 votes

Red, Blue, and Yellow
8%
MR329Starc 2 votes
Gold, Silver, and Crystal
4%
Singularity 1 vote
Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald
24%
ClinkzboneStormkekSSP_RismImpulsiveAdixion 6 votes
Fire Red and Leaf Green
12%
Oops_killed_yaDeathrow314TheBlackestKnight 3 votes
Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
24%
AkurotetsuWilpower784CantTouchThisAbsoluteZeroCrash_NebulaGwyneth44 6 votes
HeartGold and SoulSilver
4%
Soo__hey 1 vote
Black, White, Black 2, and White 2
8%
Yoky01FREESH 2 votes
X and Y
4%
Chung_lil_lee 1 vote
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
0%
I love all and don't dislike a single one
12%
ChickenwithBBQUltimate_BearNAPK1NS 3 votes
3s7uesqmkuhf.gif

Comments

• StormStorm Member Posts: 663 Corporal
    Emerald was my first ever Pokemon game so it holds a special place in my heart.
    tumblr_nolxd2VQ4h1s8oq44o1_1280.gif
  • Wilpower784Wilpower784 Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,262 Fabled
    edited August 2016
    Storm wrote: »
    Diamond was my first ever Pokemon game so it holds a special place in my heart.

The Pokémon were great, the music was top notch with each place having a day and night variant, the story was great for first impressions, the region is probably the most beautiful region (Unova felt the same in every place, Kalos was boring, HGSS Johto and Kanto needed more colors even though I actually liked this one, and Hoenn really just doesn't appeal to me). Sinnoh underground was cool, the Wi-Fi plaza was cool, the Pokémon League was beautiful, Spear Pillar was awesome, the Trainer Designs we're cool,

But most of all,

Out of all the regions, generations, and spinoff games I've played and seen. Diamond/Peal/Platinum is the one that feels the most like Pokémon. I believe the Sinnoh region has everything a Pokémon game should have and captures the entire essence that makes Pokémon Pokémon.
    x_busting_by_ultimatemaverickx-d80l1pf.gif
  • AdixionAdixion Member Posts: 359 Recruit

3s7uesqmkuhf.gif
    edited August 2016
    Diamond was my first ever Pokemon game so it holds a special place in my heart.

The Pokémon were great, the music was top notch with each place having a day and night variant, the story was great for first impressions, the region is probably the most beautiful region (Unova felt the same in every place, Kalos was boring, HGSS Johto and Kanto needed more colors even though I actually liked this one, and Hoenn really just doesn't appeal to me). Sinnoh underground was cool, the Wi-Fi plaza was cool, the Pokémon League was beautiful, Spear Pillar was awesome, the Trainer Designs we're cool,

You're right about that, but take everything you said and put it for Emerald. (My opinion @Wilpower784 )
    Btw about SoulSilver being less colored, I don't get what you mean. To be honest, SoulSilver had the best story since you can take on 16 gyms and also fight the strongest trainer of them all, Red.
    3s7uesqmkuhf.gif
    Emerald was my favorite because it was my first game I played, and the show of Pokemon, my first episode that I started watching Pokemon was during the Hoenn Region.
    The Hoenn region got my vote because of what kinds of things you can encounter there.
    Example: Treetops, Volcano, a Meteor Crate town, a place where you can learn about space technology, and a lonely island (Dewford Island) to relax and listen to the ocean crashing. In my opinion, it had the best Legendaries that had a purpose in the game (these Legendaries created the Hoenn Region) Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. In ORAS, once you capture Rayquaza, he gets to go through his mega Evolution while traveling in space to destroy the Meteor that is heading to destroy the planet.
    3s7uesqmkuhf.gif
  • SSP_RismSSP_Rism Member Posts: 2,080 Underlord 2016
    Skyalis wrote: »
    Emerald was my favorite because it was my first game I played, and the show of Pokemon, my first episode that I started watching Pokemon was during the Hoenn Region.
    The Hoenn region got my vote because of what kinds of things you can encounter there.
    Example: Treetops, Volcano, a Meteor Crate town, a place where you can learn about space technology, and a lonely island (Dewford Island) to relax and listen to the ocean crashing. In my opinion, it had the best Legendaries that had a purpose in the game (these Legendaries created the Hoenn Region) Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. In ORAS, once you capture Rayquaza, he gets to go through his mega Evolution while traveling in space to destroy the Meteor that is heading to destroy the planet.

Sinnoh had the best legendaires lul wut
    SSS
  • FREESHFREESH Member Posts: 5,449 Fabled
    Black, White, Black 2, and White 2
    i've only played white and soulsilver but I got a victini in white years ago
    ВЫЗЫВАЙТЕ СРЕДСТВА ПРОИЗВОДСТВА
    KV-2-1940.jpg
  • Wilpower784Wilpower784 Member, Moderator, MVP, SkyVu Beta Tester Posts: 5,262 Fabled
    @Skyalis ORAS and RSE are seperate in my book.

I liked how Sinnoh felt like the most ideal environment to be in. You had some nice, green, grassy areas next to the refreshing waters of the west, nearby them, you have a big city , (Jubilife) , but not an overcrowding one like Castelia or Luminouse (or however you say it). The area is a perfect harmony between nature and development; both are tame and peaceful. North of that, a great forest lies next to a interesting city. Both places that holds many mysteries that are worthy of exploring.

In the middle, you have a sort of marsh-like area that feels more like the country, coexisting with the great power that is Mt. Coronet. Though tbh, this is my least favorite part about Sinnoh. The area here doesn't give off a great vibe, and some of the music in the towns and cities are reused around here. I feel like this area is what gives the Sinnoh region a bad rap, even if this is where Hearthome City resides. Of course, this excludes the actual Mt. Coronet which is awesome.

And my other favorite place is northern Sinnoh. The snow helps bring another fresh new environment that the region has, and this snow area doesn't feel forced like Kalos's did. Snowpoint had a great chilling atmosphere, and I always feel very rewarded whenever I go down that one Route and find the lakefront.

Then there's eastern Sinnoh. Sunny shore is okay, but not my favorite. It's good for catching Pokémon on the way to the Pokémon League. And Valor Lakefront is so SO nice. This area almost feels like taking a walk down a street in Greece, but with it's own special feel to it. The mellow music provides a relaxing, welcoming atmosphere, the footprint guy was always fun to go to, and Valor Lake is one of the prettiest lakes in the game, especially at sunset. I also loved this game's Pokémon League. That castle thing nearby Sunnyshore had beautiful music, and looked really nice and exotic from the outside.

I also liked how Sinnoh didn't really try to do anything to special to it's region. Yes, it was Hokaido, but it felt unique in it's own way. It didn't try to be France, it didn't try to be America, it didn't try to be Hawaii. It just tried to be a region where Pokémon could be Pokémon in its rawest, finest form while making it feel more alive than it ever had been before.
    @Wilpower784 I wouldn't really say ORAS and RSE are different, the only different thing that I notice to seem to change is the 8th gym leader, the champion, and the new Delta Episode.
    3s7uesqmkuhf.gif
    @Skyalis ORAS and RSE are seperate in my book.

I liked how Sinnoh felt like the most ideal environment to be in. You had some nice, green, grassy areas next to the refreshing waters of the west, nearby them, you have a big city , (Jubilife) , but not an overcrowding one like Castelia or Luminouse (or however you say it). The area is a perfect harmony between nature and development; both are tame and peaceful. North of that, a great forest lies next to a interesting city. Both places that holds many mysteries that are worthy of exploring.

In the middle, you have a sort of marsh-like area that feels more like the country, coexisting with the great power that is Mt. Coronet. Though tbh, this is my least favorite part about Sinnoh. The area here doesn't give off a great vibe, and some of the music in the towns and cities are reused around here. I feel like this area is what gives the Sinnoh region a bad rap, even if this is where Hearthome City resides. Of course, this excludes the actual Mt. Coronet which is awesome.

And my other favorite place is northern Sinnoh. The snow helps bring another fresh new environment that the region has, and this snow area doesn't feel forced like Kalos's did. Snowpoint had a great chilling atmosphere, and I always feel very rewarded whenever I go down that one Route and find the lakefront.

Then there's eastern Sinnoh. Sunny shore is okay, but not my favorite. It's good for catching Pokémon on the way to the Pokémon League. And Valor Lakefront is so SO nice. This area almost feels like taking a walk down a street in Greece, but with it's own special feel to it. The mellow music provides a relaxing, welcoming atmosphere, the footprint guy was always fun to go to, and Valor Lake is one of the prettiest lakes in the game, especially at sunset. I also loved this game's Pokémon League. That castle thing nearby Sunnyshore had beautiful music, and looked really nice and exotic from the outside.

I also liked how Sinnoh didn't really try to do anything to special to it's region. Yes, it was Hokaido, but it felt unique in it's own way. It didn't try to be France, it didn't try to be America, it didn't try to be Hawaii. It just tried to be a region where Pokémon could be Pokémon in its rawest, finest form while making it feel more alive than it ever had been before.

And about picking what Region you would love to live in, that should be the next Thread about what kind of Region/Town you would live in
    3s7uesqmkuhf.gif
    @Skyalis I remember that thread existing at one point.
    @Skyalis I remember that thread existing at one point.

Do you have the link for it?
    3s7uesqmkuhf.gif
  • SingularitySingularity Member Posts: 1,256 Sergeant
    Gold, Silver, and Crystal
    Totodile as a starter